Poultry, Piggery and Fishery
There is demand for self sustaining projects to meet the overall needs of African children. Hence OneHopeChildren’s mission is to embark on a poultry business.
Our strategic initiative for sustainability is to erect an ULTRA-MODERN POULTRY which provides jobs and money for other projects.
WE NEED $198,750 grant to develop and operate a poultry farm in south central Nigeria.
WE HAVE $30,555 in capital.
- 2 Farm Officers with advanced degrees in animal sciences and experience in agribusiness
- 1 Financial Manager experienced in accounting and business management
- 2 consultants from FarmerGiant Nigerian Ltd, with expertise in Business Development and Support Services
- 10 hectares of land optimized for poultry farming.
- $64,500 net profit/year (before tax), with first dollar earned 195 days after receipt of funds.
- Employment for at least five people.
- Full educational scholarships for 100 children per year assuming execution of model.
- Sustainable production of food aligned with environmental & conservation objectives.
Sustainability in Action
ONE HOPE CHILDREN, Inc. is a 501(c) 3 non-profit foundation. We are dedicated to advancing and providing educational and healthcare opportunities for indigent children in rural Nigerian communities.
Profit generated by a self-sustaining poultry farm producing table eggs, chicken pieces, and fertilizer for sale will fund educational scholarships.
The Farm Clinic shall be open to women and children within the communities. The chicken sales shall be sold at controlled price to the rural families to motivate their interest in protein intake through chicken and eggs for their children.
PHASE I—18 month duration
- Construct facilities and accrue 10,000 laying birds (10% of target).
- Expected Production: 93,600 crates of eggs/annum
- Capital Needed: $198,000
- Expected Profit: $64,500/annum (pre-tax)
PHASE II— 18 month duration
- Upgrade facilities and increase laying birds to 50,000 (50% of target).
- Expected Production: 468,000 crates of eggs/annum
- Additional Capital Needed: $614,000
PHASE III—18 month duration
- Upgrade facilities and increase laying birds to 100,000 (100% of target).
- Expected Production: 1,000,000 crates of eggs/annum
- Additional Capital Needed: $602,000
Our five-year vision is 100,000 egg-laying chickens, producing 2,600 crates of eggs per day, leading to educational scholarships for 100 children per year.
With an initial grant of $198,000, you help us realize the global partnership for sustainable development.
Let’s get started.